Recipe by Lennie
Posted in response to a request; from Company's Coming Slow Cooker Recipes.
Top Review by Mary Coombs
This was very good, however it took long for the sauce to thicken in the crockpot. My husband thought the sauce was not sweet enough, but it was plenty sweet for me. I'd recommend this recipe, but use the stovetop method for thickening.
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut in bite size pieces) or 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs (cut in bite size pieces)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ketchup, water, vinegar, soy sauce and sugar in slow cooker; whisk together well.
- Add chicken pieces and stir.
- Cover and cook on Low for 6 to 8 hours or on High for 3 to 4 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and second amount of water in a small bowl; stir into slow cooker when above times have been reached.
- Cook on High, stirring often, for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.
- For faster cooking, pour into saucepan and heat on stove, stirring often, until thickened.