Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
This is a great Sweet & Sour Chicken recipe made with jarred sweet & sour sauce. Prep time is minimal and clean up a lot quicker!
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 chicken breasts, cut lengthwise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) jar sweet and sour sauce
- 16 1⁄2 ounces pineapple chunks, drained
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- hot cooked rice
- In slow cooker, place carrots, celery, green pepper and onion. Top with chicken breasts. Sprinkle with salt. Pour sweet-sour sauce and pineapple chunks over all. Cover. Cook on low 7 to 8 hours or high 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken, keeping it warm. Blend cornstarch and water, stir into juices in slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover; cook on high 10 to 15 minutes or until thickened. Season to taste and serve over rice.