Prep 15 mins
Cook 7 hrs
My mother thinks this sounds like the recipe she used at Thanksgiving that I have been bugging her for. She can't find her book and she found this at About.com. I tried it today to take to a friend's Ayyam-i-Ha party, as he was making turkey. It was really good and got many compliments. I have to admit that during its day of cooking it reeked of garlic and I was a little worried about it. But when it was all done, it smelled good and tasted wonderful.
- 907.18 g sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 177.44 ml apricot filling
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 78.07 ml honey
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml white pepper
- Place potatoes in a 3-1/2 to 4 quart crock pot and sprinkle with garlic.
- In a medium bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and blend well. Pour into slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until potatoes are tender and glazed, stirring once during cooking time.
Pretty good sweet potatoes. I think I overcooked them -- but that's better than "under" cooked. I'm not sure I'm a big fan of the garlic. Although you couldn't really taste it, I could smell it and that just didn't seem right with sweet potatoes. I'm sure I'll make these again. They were quick and easy. Next time I will either reduce the cooking time or cut the potatoes in larger chuncks. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This was an awesome side dish. During the day while cooking, my kids thought I was making pizza because of the garlic smell but it is not as garlic strong tasting as it smells while cooking. The true test was my picky kids. They were of course reluctant to try but when they were finally convinced to taste, they loved it! Thanks for the recipe. Is a keeper.