Recipe by ashdoes
i got this recipe a while back, and on thanksgiving i decided to make them in the crock pot to free up the oven. they came out perfect. the only difference was the marshmallows didn't brown.
- 3 (15 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly butter the inside of your crock pot with the tablespoon of butter.
- Beat sweet potatoes, melted butter, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg with electric mixer.
- Spoon into crock pot.
- Cook on low for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Add marshmallows about 15 to 20 minutes before you are ready to eat. so they have enough time to melt slightly. if they are in too long, they will melt too much.