1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes & Cranberries With Toasted Pecans
6 hrs 20 mins
Chicagoland Chef du Jour's Note:
I love the idea of combining these two holiday favorites. Portions size: is based on 1/2 medium potato per person. Choose smaller or larger. Part way through the cooking I stuck a toothpic under the lid to prop it open to vent some of the steam and reduce the liquid. The original recipe did not specify high or low heat setting. *I started my crock on the low setting then kicked it up to high after a couple hours cuz I got nervous about the timing. (updates 11/2012)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine all ingredients, EXCEPT pecans.
- 2Toast pecans in the oven or dry skillet, set aside. Careful not to burn!
- 3Cook for 6 - 8 hours, until the yams are tender. I stir to combine every hour or so.
- 4About 1-2 hours before serving, if the mixture is too wet, prop the lid open a bit with a toothpick to let some of the steam out and thicken up the sauce.
- 5Put in your favorite serving dish and top with pecans for serving.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sweet Potatoes & Cranberries With Toasted Pecans
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.3
- Calories from Fat 60
- Total Fat 6.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 34.7 g
- Protein 2.1 g