Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from the WIC program.
- 5 sweet potatoes, boiled, drained and mashed
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Lightly grease a slow cooker bowl.
- In a large bowl, blend sweet potatoes, 1/3 cup butter and 2 tablespoons brown sugar. Beat in orange juice, eggs, and milk.
- Transfer this mixture to the prepared slow cooker bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine pecans, 1/3 cup brown sugar, flour and 2 teaspoons butter.
- Spread the mixture over the sweet potatoes. Cover the slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours.
I made these sweet potatoes for Christmas dinner and everyone loved them and commented on the delicious nut topping. I used 4 large sweet potatoes which was about 4 1/2 lbs. Just boil them with the skins on until they are soft, let cool a little and then the skins are easy to peel off by hand. It made about 12 generous servings. I loved making them in the crockpot which freed up the oven for other dishes. I will definately be making these again in the future.