Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Clipped from "Easy Home Cooking" magazine. I like to add red bell pepper.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoons caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- hot sauce (to taste)
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours or until vegetables are tender.
- Add more salt if necessary and serve.
My 9 month old loves this! The veggies are just soft enough for her to pick up herself but not so soft they are mush. I used a can of french cut green beans instead of the frozen and dried onion flakes instead of chopped onions.
I had found this is a Rival Crock Pot cookbook and we love it! The difference is mine uses 1/4 tsp salt which is more than enough as the jerk seasoning usually has salt, too. It's hearty and flavorful without being to "out there" for most people. We subbed canned green beans for the frozen and liked it a lot.