Crock Pot Sweet Pepper Sauce
- Brown turkey, and refrigerate until ready to use. Add a generous coating of Mrs. Dash Italian Seasoning Blend to turkey while it is browning. Substitute lean ground beef instead of ground turkey if desired.
- Puree 1/2 your roma tomatoes in your food processor to make your own low sodium sauce. Chop the other half of the tomatoes into wedged slices.
- Place all all ingredients except turkey in 5 quart slow cooker and stir. Cook on LOW 7-8 hours. Add browned turkey anytime after 6 hours. Stir gently while adding turkey.
- About 30 minutes before serving, stir in additional seasoning to your taste preferences, then sprinkle about 1/2 cup fresh chopped spring onions across the top without stirring them inches.
- Serve over pasta with oven-roasted zucchini chunks on the side. The sauce also goes great on the zucchini. Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
- Nutritional analysis is based on 1 cup of sauce per serving. Store extra sauce in your freezer for those days you don't feel like cooking.