Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Great for a big get together..very yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 lbs pork ribs or 6 lbs beef ribs
- 1 (1 liter) bottle hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 3 minced fresh garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- Combine and mix well the rub ingredients.
- Rub on every side of the ribs.
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce together and set aside.
- Cut the ribs up individually between the bones.
- Cover; cook on low for 4 hours (If you want to save time boil them first and cook for 2 hours).
- Mix all the ingredients of the sauce together.
- Drain the grease from the crock pot
- Place ribs back in the crock pot and cover with the sauce mix.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour on high.
- Uncover and cook for 1 hour on high.
These are fantastic and so very easy. Good for working moms. Now I have my two daughters and my sister hooked on these.
This recipe was okay. It cooked all day, and I didn't fine the ribs to be either overly moist, or even very flavourful. I did, however, forget the hot sauce, which may have made a small difference. I may try it again, but I wasn't terribly crazy about it.