Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Just the aroma of this cooking will whet your appetite. It is SO good!
- 4 potatoes, quartered
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 lbs)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in crock pot.
- Cut roast into 6 serving pieces.
- Brown roast in hot oil in a skillet.
- Put roast on top of potatoes.
- Add onions to skillet; saute 1 minute.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour over roast in crock pot.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours, until meat is tender.
A delicious roast! The flavor of the sauce is not too-too sweet and sour but more of a mild sweet tomato flavor with just a little zip. The roast was nice and tender as were the potatoes. Very good, Inez, you have another winner here! Thanks!
Oh wow! Your are right about the aroma. Smelled up the entire house with an incredible aroma. Both the meat and potatoes came out very tender. The sauce was some kind of deeelicious and had us lickin the plate. Can't wait to share this one with my mom and sisters. Thanks.
Very different tasting roast. My family loved the taste of the meat, just a little hint of sweet. Unfortunately they didn't like the potatos as much. I served this with homemade bread and baby carrots. Everything was gone but the potatos. I will probably do it again with out the spuds!