Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A quick and easy meal to throw together in the morning and when you get home it won't taste like you didn't put a lot of time into it.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork loin, lean, boneless, cut into cubes
- 1 (8 ounce) canunsweetened pineapple chunks in juice, undrained
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups cooked rice
- In a 4 quart crock pot, combine the pork, pineapple, bell pepper, brown sugar, ginger, vinegar and soy sauce.
- Mix well.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- To thicken juices before serving, mix the water and cornstarch together and blend into crock pot.
- Juices should thicken within 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
it was ok my family liked it but my son was surprised that there were pinneapple in it said they tasted like potatoes, next time I think I will add the pinneapple themselves when I thicken the sauce.
I did not think that there was enough "sour". Next time I will use 1/3 cup vinegar. A good easy meal to prepare
I have made this twice & love it! So does my family. I double the sauce except for the pineapple & i add cherry juice & serve over rice...so good!