8 hrs 25 mins
This recipe can be adapted to make on top of the stove or in the oven, I have made this many times in the past it is very good!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (can use 1/2 teaspoon white salt)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs boneless pork roast (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 4 -6 tablespoons vegetable oil (or as needed)
- 1 (20 ounce) can unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1 medium green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 large carrot (peeled and sliced)
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 5 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup cold water
- cooked rice
- 1In a large plastic resealable plastic bag place the paprika, black pepper and seasoned salt (or white salt) shake the bag to mix spices together.
- 2Add in the pork cubes in 2 batches and shake the bag to coat with the spices.
- 3Heat oil on a skillet over medium-high heat, add in the pork and brown in batches on all sides; transfer to a 3-4 quart crock pot.
- 4To the same skillet add in onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes; add into the crock pot.
- 5Drain the pineapple tidbits and reserve the juice (refrigerate the pineapple to add in at end of cooking).
- 6To the crock pot add in the pineapple juice, green bell pepper, carrots, vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce; mix with a wooden spoon.
- 7Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or until the meat is tender.
- 8In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch with water until smooth then add into the crock pot along with the reserved pineapple tidbits, stir well with a wooden spoon until combined; cover and cook another 30-35 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- 9Serve over rice.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Pork
Serving Size: 1 (363 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 781.0
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 194.9 mg
- Sodium 670.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 31.0 g
- Protein 67.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: