Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is a recipe I got from a woman that I work with. It is very easy and delicious. The ingredients sound kind of gross, but trust me it's good. My DH wasn't sure about it either, but now it's one of his favorites.
- 1 lb Polish sausage (in the roll)
- 1 cup grape jelly
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- Slice polish sausage into 1/2 inch wide pieces.
- Put into bottom of crock pot.
- Mix grape jelly and cocktail sauce.
- Pour over sausage.
- Cook for about 3 hours.
- Being that crock pots are all different, yours might be done a little sooner or a little later.
- I make these with Cheesy Potato Casserole #102296, very good meal.
We had to make an ethnic dish for my class and this looked like the easiest Polish dish. 3 ingredients for 3 hours in a crock pot. My local Kroeger unfortunately didn't carry polish sausage so I had to improvise and used bratwurst instead. Still turned out pretty good. Everyone in class seemed to like it.
Can you really make anything bad with Polska Kielbasa? I loved the kick from the cocktail sauce with the sweetness of the jelly. Had something very similar at a party years ago, and told myself to make it and then completely forgot. So, thnx for sharing your recipe, Lorealle. Made for PAC Fall 2009.
This is an awesome dish! I made it years age but forgot about it while on the road!!! Thank you!