I had a Farmland ham that was already cubed so I thew a little of this and a little of that together. It was good, but I think I'd like to try it again with shrimp!
- 6 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 6 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, Yashida's
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice (juice reserved)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- I used a 7 qt crock pot and fed 9 people with about 4 cups leftover.
- You might want to half the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients including pineapple juice, but NOT the pineapple or cornstarch yet.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
- Add cornstarch - ( all if very liquid ) and the pineapple.
- Cook for an additional 1 or 2 hours. I “cooked” for 6 hour total, but after all cooking was done I had it on warm for another 2 hours. I started way too early and misjudged how long it would take to cook.
- The ham made a kind of smoky tasting sweet and sour sauce, but it was good. I served it with rice on a busy school night and except for one teenage dweeb who eats nothing but hamburgers, they all liked it.