I had a Farmland ham that was already cubed so I thew a little of this and a little of that together. It was good, but I think I'd like to try it again with shrimp!
- 6 cups cooked ham, cubed
- 6 carrots, thickly sliced
- 1 green pepper
- 1⁄2 onion
- 3 stalks celery
- 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, Yashida's
- 1 -2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon ginger, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 -2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple chunks in juice (juice reserved)
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- I used a 7 qt crock pot and fed 9 people with about 4 cups leftover.
- You might want to half the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients including pineapple juice, but NOT the pineapple or cornstarch yet.
- Cook on low 5 hours.
- Add cornstarch - ( all if very liquid ) and the pineapple.
- Cook for an additional 1 or 2 hours. I “cooked” for 6 hour total, but after all cooking was done I had it on warm for another 2 hours. I started way too early and misjudged how long it would take to cook.
- The ham made a kind of smoky tasting sweet and sour sauce, but it was good. I served it with rice on a busy school night and except for one teenage dweeb who eats nothing but hamburgers, they all liked it.
The baby ate it, but she'll eat anything. No one else touched it. I debated for a while if I should even keep the leftovers...