Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Works great for those that have a busy schedule and sometimes don't have time to make dinner.
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine first 5 ingredients in the crock pot and mix well. Add chicken and cook on Low for 6-8 hours or on High 3-4 hours.
- Before serving combine cornstarch and water in small bowl. Stir into crock pot.
- Cook 20 minutes longer on High until thickened.
- Serve over cooked rice if desired.
Very good! I liked this sauce better than the stuff from Chinese restaurants around here! I cooked mine in the oven for about 30-45 minutes and added 1 tbsp. of cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water extra about halfway through to make the sauce a little thicker. The chicken was a little lacking in flavor (maybe because I cooked it in the oven); but it was really good for dipping in the sauce. I will definitely try this again, maybe with Chinese-style fried chicken fingers next time!
I put this on to cook for the family on a day when I knew I wouldn't be home for dinner. They ate it all, so I didn't get a chance to taste it! They said it was really good and they want me to make it again. I definitely will, but I'll be around to eat it with them this time!
This was super easy and really tasty!! Will make again.