1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
7 hrs 20 mins
I couldn't find a recipe that called for ingredients that I had in the house so made up this recipe and it turned out, I think, good enough to post, It is an easy straight forward recipe that takes very little effort to put together. If you want it spicier just add some chili flakes or an extra Jalapeno pepper.. The Jalapeno I have in the recipe just gives some flavor not heat. You may substitute a can of pineapple chunks for the fresh. Mushrooms may be whole or sliced
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (284 ml) can mushrooms, with fluid
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, in 1-inch chunks can
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped finely
- 1 (284 ml) can tomato soup
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, skinned, cut into serving size pieces
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1In the bottom of your crock pot put the onions, Sweet Pepper, Celery, Mushrooms with their liquid, Pineapple, and Jalapenos.
- 2Place the skinned chicken pieces on top.
- 3Mix together the soup, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, Garlic, ginger and Teriaki sauce.
- 4Mix well and pour it over the chicken.
- 5Turn Crock Pot on low and cook for 6 hours.
- 6Mix the corn starch with 1/2 cup cold water, mix well and stir it into the sauce in the crock pot, continue cooking for 1 more hour.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Sweet and Sour Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 786.2
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 172.5 mg
- Sodium 1609.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.9 g
- Sugars 51.7 g
- Protein 47.6 g