I couldn't find a recipe that called for ingredients that I had in the house so made up this recipe and it turned out, I think, good enough to post, It is an easy straight forward recipe that takes very little effort to put together. If you want it spicier just add some chili flakes or an extra Jalapeno pepper.. The Jalapeno I have in the recipe just gives some flavor not heat. You may substitute a can of pineapple chunks for the fresh. Mushrooms may be whole or sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large sweet green pepper, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (284 ml) can mushrooms, with fluid
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, in 1-inch chunks can
- 2 jalapeno peppers, chopped finely
- 1 (284 ml) can tomato soup
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup wine vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely grated
- 4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken, skinned, cut into serving size pieces
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- In the bottom of your crock pot put the onions, Sweet Pepper, Celery, Mushrooms with their liquid, Pineapple, and Jalapenos.
- Place the skinned chicken pieces on top.
- Mix together the soup, Ketchup, Brown Sugar, Vinegar, Garlic, ginger and Teriaki sauce.
- Mix well and pour it over the chicken.
- Turn Crock Pot on low and cook for 6 hours.
- Mix the corn starch with 1/2 cup cold water, mix well and stir it into the sauce in the crock pot, continue cooking for 1 more hour.