Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
For some reason, growing up we always had to have cabbage to start the new year. This was one of my favorite ways to have it.
- Shred cabbage and place in crock pot.
- Quarter and core unpeeled apples, cut into thin slices and add to cabbage.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except cornstarch, and pour over cabbage.
- Cover and cook on low setting 5-6 hours or longer.
- Turn setting to high.
- Dissolve cornstarch in small amount of cold water and stir into cabbage mixture.
- Cook 10 minutes longer or until mixture is thickened.
This was excellent. I did put my crock pot on high for a couple of hours as I like my cabbage well cooked. It was nice a tart (I used a bottled juice!!) and good. Left overs will be served with a pot roast tonight. Thanks again Tish.
I have not made this yet, but it sounds wonderful. Has anyone else tried it yet, and what did you serve it with?