Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
Tender fall off the bone ribs. I found this recipe at Obesity Help. The recipe was posted by hear_me_roar. My family really liked these ribs. My ribs just fell apart when I picked them out of the crockpot. My ribs were done in 6 hours. When I made this ribs I used 3 pounds pounds of boneless ribs. I used sliced regular onions for the scallions. I used regular molasses for blackstrap molasses. I used apple cider vinegar for white wine vinegar. I used canola oil for sesame oil. I used minced garlic for the garlic clove.
- 1587.57 g country-style pork ribs
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 78.07 ml Splenda sugar substitute
- 4.92 ml blackstrap molasses
- 29.58 ml white wine vinegar
- 9.85 ml toasted sesame oil
- 9.85 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml hot sauce
- 1 garlic clove
- 2.46 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml chili powder
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.57 ml hoisin sauce
- Put the ribs in your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, mix together the scallions, soy sauce, splenda, molasses, vinegar, sesame oil, lemon juice, hot sauce, garlic, ginger, chili powder, red pepper flakes, and Hoisin Sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the ribs.
- Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 8 to 9 hours.
Excellent, easy, Asian-inspired rib recipe. Initially I was expecting something sticky sweet, but it was more savory and the sauce wasn't as thick as I'd expected, but still delicious.
I have used this recipe several times but instead of using ribs, i used a pork loin roast. I cut the roast up into 4 peices, multiplied out the recipe by about 3 (we really like the juice) then froze packages of the meat and juice to use for PULLED PORK SANDWICHES. I used the recipe as printed here. THANK YOU SO MUCH, THIS IS A KEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BARBARA