Prep 30 mins
Cook 4 hrs
Variation of Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs, Crock Pot Swedish Meatballs by Mindi Bunch. I changed the recipe to suit what I had on hand and my picky family liked it - I'm jotting down the variations so I can duplicate it. Can serve over noodles, rice or potatoes. You can taste the ginger - if you're not a fan of ginger, cut back on the amount or eliminate it.
- 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- In bowl, combine breadcrumbs, beef, yolks, 2 tablespoons parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- With wet hands, roll heaping tablespoons of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
- Place in crock pot.
- In bowl, mix together onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, flour, and 2 tablespoons parsley; pour over meatballs.
- Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours).
I like being able to make these in the crock pot! Made it easy. They were tasty, thanks for posting! I made 1/2 recipe but a full portion of gravy and worked well. Cooked on low all day. Made for 123 Hit Wonders.
Made for Photo Tag. This is so very similiar to a recipe I have made for many years...so it was a comfort meal for me and the boys. I used home made onion soup powder as I like that I control the ingredients. Very tasty indeed.