Recipe by Mindi Bunch
OK, this is my variation of the recipe I posted previously. My family loves this dish. Even making 60 meatballs, I had NO LEFTOVERS when I made this last time! I serve this over buttered linguine noodles. Enjoy!
Top Review by amrels1
this is a terrific recipe. Very easy to make. I didn't have the golden mushroom soup so I added 1.5 cups chicken broth along with the French Onion with a little extra flour. The flavor of this dish is wonderful. thanks for a great recipe!
- 4 slices white bread, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup water, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine bread with 1/2 cup water; let stand until absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in beef, yolks, parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- With wet hands roll heaping tablespoonfuls of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
- Place in crock pot.
- In bowl, mix together soups, flour and 1/4 cup water; pour over meatballs.
- Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours); stir.
- Serve sprinkled with parsley flakes.
- **NOTE:Every hour or so, I purged the fat off the top of the sauce.
- Since you don't brown your meat first, a lot of fat is left in the crock pot.
- Instead of stirring it all up and eating it (ew!), I skimmed it off the top with a ladle and discarded it.