Recipe by Mindi Bunch
This is from the Oct. 5, 2004 Edition of Woman's World magazine.
Top Review by CIndytc
Great recipe...I did do a few changes though. I added 1 cup of half and half to meatballs, and I baked them in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes so my sauce would not get greasy...then I doubled sauce and put in crockpot on low for 5 hours (my crockpot is very hot)...turned out perfect...
- 4 slices white bread, finely chopped
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 4 egg yolks
- 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In bowl, combine bread with 1/2 cup water; let stand until absorbed (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in beef, yolks, 2 tablespoons parsley, onion, salt, mustard, ginger, garlic, and pepper.
- With wet hands roll heaping tablespoonfuls of meat mixture into balls, about 60.
- Place in crock pot.
- In bowl, mix together soup and flour; pour over meatballs.
- Cook on high until cooked through (about 4 hours); stir.
- Stir in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce.
- Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.