Recipe by George Clement
This is an easy to prepare slow-cooker meal. Delicious and filling it is meaty and with sufficient vegetables to give one that really satisfied feeling. Prepare it the evening before and refrigerate, then slip it into the Crock pot when leaving for work the next morning. Yum it’s soooooo good!
Top Review by lovestocook
Neither of us are big cabbage fans. I had a head of Napa cabbage from our CSA so decided to use it rather than regular green cabbage. We both enjoyed it and it will be a repeat, but I think only with the Napa cabbage as I found it easier to handle, stuff and roll and lighter in taste. I didn't consider them "swedish" just appreciated the good flavor. Thank you for the great recipe.
- 12 large cabbage leaves
- 1 beaten egg
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Immerse cabbage leaves in a kettle of boiling water for about 3 minutes or until limp, drain.
- Combine egg, milk, onion, salt, pepper beef and cooked rice.
- Place about 1/4 cup meat mixture in the center of each leaf; fold in sides and roll ends over meat.
- Place in crock pot.
- Combine tomatoes sauce with brown sugar, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour over cabbage rolls.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 7 hours.