Recipe by Helping Hands
I love garlic, and I love chicken cooked in the crock pot (so tender it falls right off of the bones), so this is a perfect combo of the two. I have some cooking in the crock pot right now, and I am longing for it to be done! :-) I never measure the spices, so these are estimates - please feel free to experiment. It is cooked with loads of garlic, so loving garlic is a plus!
Top Review by bshemyshua
First of all I want to say thank you for sharing this recipe.This is a good one and very forgiving when adapted. I used chicken tenders instead of legs and chopped garlic because that is what I had on hand. I also did not measure the spices just sprinkled them over the top of the pieces. Considering the italian seasonings I think next time I will dip the chicken in a good olive oil before seasoning and may even include some chunks of sweet italian sausage along side the chicken in the crockpot.Thanks again.
- 6 chicken legs (more or less as needed)
- 20 garlic cloves (skins left on)
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place garlic cloves in crock pot.
- Mix spices together in med bowl.
- Pour oil into separate med bowl.
- Dip chicken legs in oil, then roll around in spice bowl, until chicken is nicely coated in spices.
- Place chicken legs in crock pot with garlic cloves surrounding it.
- Pour chicken broth over all ingredients.
- Cook on Low for 8 hours.