1/10 Photos of Crock Pot - Style Loaded Baked Potato Soup
5 hrs 15 mins
If you like loading your baked potatoes will all those delish dairy ingredients, then you'll love this soup recipe, too! Original recipe calls for only four slices of bacon, but I -- being a little piggy -- love the bacon, so we always use more like 8 to 12 slices. You decide which you prefer.
My Private Note
cup ser ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 large baking potatoes, peeled, cut in 1/2 -inch cubes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or pressed)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cream or 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup sour cream (optional)
- 8 slices bacon, fried & crumbled
- cheese, for sprinkling
- 1Combine first seven ingredients in a large crock pot; cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours (potato should be tender).
- 2Mash mixture until potatoes are coarsely chopped and soupy is slightly thickened.
- 3Stir in cream, cheese and chives.
- 4Top with sour cream (if used), sprinkle with bacon and more cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot - Style Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (345 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 478.7
- Calories from Fat 289
- Total Fat 32.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 91.5 mg
- Sodium 1760.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 13.4 g