Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Easy and needs no attention to stay moist for a long time. While guests eat casually on no schedule, like for an open house.
- 2839.08 ml prepared stuffing
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine
- 473.18 ml chopped celery
- 473.18 ml chopped onions
- 118.29 ml mushroom (either fresh chopped or canned drained)
- 4.92 ml chopped fresh parsley or 4.92 ml chopped dried parsley
- 2 beaten eggs
- 946.36 ml chicken broth (i used canned)
- Saute butter onion parsley mushroom celery combine with other ingredients.
- Cook in covered crock pot on high for one hour and on low for 4 hours.
- Stays moist on low while guest come and go on no schedule, like for an open house or something.taste good. May use cornbread or plain stuffing.
Excellent recipe! I am just sorry my photo isn't better, as I didn't get a chance to photo it until it had been in the crockpot a little too long. DH and I taste tested it after the 4 hours, it was OUTSTANDING. Dingy me though forgot to turn off the crockpot and it continued to cook... To me it was still very tasty. I didn't have any celery and mushrooms, so subbed in giblets. Also didn't have any parsley so doubled the poultry seasoning. Again - this is very yummy! Will make again, but be sure not to over cook it.
Everyone I had over for Thanksgiving loved this stuffing! I cut up the celery, onions and mushrooms (extra, extra mushrooms) and heated them with butter in the microwave, then I just added the mixture to the prepared stuffing. The stuffing I prepared turned out too wet, so I did not add the extra chicken broth. I made half of a recipe (2 boxes of stovetop, I love stovetop) and put it in a 3 qt crock pot. The crock pot was full. We were short 2 people this year, and there was only enough stuffing for one person to take home leftovers, next year I will have to make the full recipe and use a 6 qt crock pot. I have been regretting giving away the leftovers of this, but I have to keep reminding myself that it was easy to make, and I have all of the ingredients to make more…Yum!
I have made this recipe for the last 2 years, but never reviewed. My family loves it and I love more because it frees up space in the oven. Definitely a new family tradition.