Recipe by barbaja w.
Easy and needs no attention to stay moist for a long time. While guests eat casually on no schedule, like for an open house.
Top Review by Color Guard Mom
Excellent recipe! I am just sorry my photo isn't better, as I didn't get a chance to photo it until it had been in the crockpot a little too long. DH and I taste tested it after the 4 hours, it was OUTSTANDING. Dingy me though forgot to turn off the crockpot and it continued to cook... To me it was still very tasty. I didn't have any celery and mushrooms, so subbed in giblets. Also didn't have any parsley so doubled the poultry seasoning. Again - this is very yummy! Will make again, but be sure not to over cook it.
- 12 cups prepared stuffing
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom (either fresh chopped or canned drained)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon chopped dried parsley
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4 cups chicken broth (i used canned)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute butter onion parsley mushroom celery combine with other ingredients.
- Cook in covered crock pot on high for one hour and on low for 4 hours.
- Stays moist on low while guest come and go on no schedule, like for an open house or something.taste good. May use cornbread or plain stuffing.