1/8 Photos of Crock Pot Stuffing
3 hrs 10 mins
Here's a Crock-Pot stuffing recipe I found in the Calgary Herald and thought I'd share it. I'm going to use it for Christmas with the vegetable stock for my vegetarian so I will add my comments after Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diced tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon savory
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 12 cups lightly toasted bread, cubes
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 1In a large fry pan saute onions, celery and apple in butter until onion is just translucent.
- 2Stir in sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
- 3Combine vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and parsley.
- 4Toss well.
- 5Pour stock over mixture, tossing well.
- 6Spoon into your crock-pot.
- 7Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- 8Reduce to low and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.
- 9As stated for Vegetarians use vegetable stock.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.4
- Calories from Fat 62
- Total Fat 6.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 13.2 mg
- Sodium 615.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 5.6 g