Here's a Crock-Pot stuffing recipe I found in the Calgary Herald and thought I'd share it. I'm going to use it for Christmas with the vegetable stock for my vegetarian so I will add my comments after Christmas.
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 1⁄2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 1 cup diced tart apple, peeled and cored
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon savory
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 12 cups lightly toasted bread, cubes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock or 1 1⁄2 cups vegetable stock
- In a large fry pan saute onions, celery and apple in butter until onion is just translucent.
- Stir in sage, marjoram, salt, pepper, savory and thyme.
- Combine vegetable mixture with the bread cubes and parsley.
- Toss well.
- Pour stock over mixture, tossing well.
- Spoon into your crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on high for one hour.
- Reduce to low and continue cooking for 2-3 hours, stirring every hour.
- As stated for Vegetarians use vegetable stock.