Top Review by Tebo
Thats it for the boxed stuff and for pushing stuffing up the bird's you know what!! This was so simple and good. I used a lot of fresh sage (cuz I have a ton of it in my yard and I like it) and chicken stock instead of veggi stock. Made lots for freezing and using in other creative ways later. Thanks again Dancer^
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mushrooms, drained
- 12 cups stale bread, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups vegetable broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Saute the celery, onion, parsley and mushrooms until onions are soft.
- In a large bowl, combine the bread cubes and vegetables.
- Add the poultry seasoning, thyme, sage, pepper, salt and marjoram.
- Toss together well.
- Add egg and enough broth to moisten.
- Lightly pack into slow cooker; cover and cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Reduce to low and cook for 4 to 8 hours.