6 hrs 20 mins
From the Rival Cookbook, here's a simple but tasty dressing/stuffing that's a perfect accompaniment to a turkey dinner. This version is cooked in the crock pot to free up precious oven space on the holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups onions, chopped or 2 cups leeks
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley sprig (optional)
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 12 cups dry breadcrumbs or 2 (12 ounce) packages seasoned stuffing mix
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon marjoram
- 4 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1Melt butter or margarine in a skillet.
- 2Saute onion, celery, mushroom, and parsley.
- 3Pour sauteed vegetables over bread cubes in a very large mixing bowl.
- 4Add all seasonings and toss together.
- 5Pour in enough broth to moisten.
- 6Add beaten eggs, and mix together well.
- 7Pack stuffing lightly into crock pot, and cover.
- 8Set to High for 45 minutes; then reduce to Low to cook for 4 to 8 hours.
Browse Our Top Equipment Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Stuffing
Serving Size: 1 (451 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.5
- Calories from Fat 304
- Total Fat 33.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.2 g
- Cholesterol 107.5 mg
- Sodium 2286.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.9 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g