Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is a recipe my mother always used to make on Thanksgiving. She would prepare everything the day before and put it in the crockpot to cook on thanksgiving day. While everything else was being prepared, no one had to worry about the stuffing!
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup parsley sprig
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 13 cups slightly dry breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sage
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- Melt butter in skillet.
- Saute onion, celery, and parsley in butter.
- Pour mixture over bread crumbs in a very large mixing bowl.
- Add all seasoning and toss together well.
- Pour in enough broth to moisten, you may not need to use all the broth.
- Add beaten eggs and mix together well.
- Pack lightly into crock pot, cover and cook on high for 45 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low for 4-8 hours.