Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Fresh homemade stuffing, using fresh vegetables and homemade bread.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry onion soup mix, use Dry Onion Soup
- 1 cup water
- 8 slices bread, use your favorite homemade
- Melt butter in pan.
- Add onion and celery, cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- in larger pan, add soup mix with water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add butter, onion and celery from other pan.
- Add bread crumbs to crock pot along with ingredients from pan.
- Stir well until all ingredients are mixed.
- Cook on low for 2 hours or use to stuff turkey.