Recipe by Toadflax
I have tried a number of recipes for this and, after a lot of adjustments, came up with this simple one that I like a lot.
Top Review by Gerry
We loved this Crock Pot stuffing! I had been looking for some make aheads that taste great for the up coming Thanksgiving weekend and this is going to be one of them! Four hours on low was just right for my crock pot. Thank you for sharing a delicious recipe that will be seeing a lot of makings.
- 12 cups dry bread cubes
- 2 cups onions, finely diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups celery, finely sliced
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Partially dry 1 loaf bread by putting slices on rack in oven and leaving at low temperature for an hour or so. Then cut into approximately 1/2" cubes. Put in large bowl.
- Saute celery and onions in butter until translucent. Mix in salt, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Pour over bread cubes and toss to coat well.
- Beat the 2 eggs into the chicken broth (if made from scratch let it cool enough not to cook the eggs), pour over bread cubes, mix well but carefully so as not to make mush. Spoon into crock-pot. Cook on high 1 hour, turn to low and cook for 4-6 hours, checking occasionally. If it looks too dry add a little more broth or water.