Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
Atkins friendly. I'm told this is OK for Induction.
- 15 -20 large mushrooms, preferably Baby Bellas, cleaned. Remove stems and finely chop the stems. Leave caps intact
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 medium red onion, very finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 lb sausage pattie
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- In a skillet, over medium heat, add the oil, onion, garlic, and mushroom stems. Cook for 2 - 3 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
- Add the sausage patties and crumble with a wooden spoon. Season with salt, pepper, and paprika, and cook until lightly browned through.
- Transfer the sausage to a heavy mixing bowl along with the parsley and Gruyere cheese. Stir to combine ingredients and stuff 1 TBS of mixture into each mushroom cap. Place into the crock pot, cover and cook on High for 2 hours Serves 6 - 10.