Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is an adopted recipe!
- 6 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 slices ham, Fully cooked
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, Grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- fresh parsley, Chopped (optional)
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Place ham and cheese on each breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- Combine the flour, Parmesan cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; coat chicken on all sides.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5 quart slow cooker.
- Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Remove toothpicks.
- Garnish with parsley if desired.
Very good recipe. These taste like chicken cordon bleu rolls. The swiss cheese made these so tasty. Thank you for the great recipe.
Good flavor, but seemed to be missing something... spices maybe, but overall was an easy, good dish. I agree not to use lunchmeat ham as well, maybe thats what it was lacking.