1/2 Photos of Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup
10 hrs 15 mins
A nice, easy dinner served with buttered rye bread. The wonderful flavor of stuffed cabbage without all the fuss.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs 90% lean ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs very lean stew meat
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 28 ounces tomato juice or 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2/3 cup barley (using barley instead of rice helps cut down on carbs) or 2/3 cup rice, rinsed & uncooked (using barley instead of rice helps cut down on carbs)
- 2 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 2 -3 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 6 -12 garlic cloves, minced (1-2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (2 shakes)
- 2 lbs cabbage, coarsely chopped (1 medium head)
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1In a pot, warm the oil over medium heat, and saute beef and onions until onions are soft and beef is browned (8 minutes).
- 2Drain off the fat, and add the tomatoes, bouillon, barley, splenda, paprika, garlic, pepper, and tabasco; mix well.
- 3Put the cabbage in the crock pot, and top with meat mixture (Do NOT stir); top with beef broth.
- 4Cover and cook on LOW for 9 hours.
- 5Stir soup well; continue to cook covered on LOW for another hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 388.3
- Calories from Fat 135
- Total Fat 15.0 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 73.9 mg
- Sodium 1577.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g