Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
These are simple and taste great with a side of mashed potatoes and gravy. Got the recipe off the Internet and revised it a bit to fit my tastes. We make this "comfort food" quite a lot during the colder months.
- 4 green bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 lb ground sirloin
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans tomato soup
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can corn
- fresh ground pepper
- Remove the tops of peppers and remove seeds and core.
- Arrange in crock pot so standing upright.
- In mixing bowl, combine sirloin, onion, salt, corn, 1 can of soup.
- Spoon mixture into peppers, pressing down to fill completely.
- May overload a bit at the tops.
- Combine the other can of soup with Worcestershire and mustard.
- Spoon mixture over the peppers.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
This was a great recipe for the Crock Pot. Good ease it the prep and a very nice flavor. So nice to come home to the aroma of Stuffed Peppers with no fuss! Only suggestion to maybe cut back on the cooking time by about 1 hour, Of course every Crock Pot is different in cooking time so adjust yours accordingly! Thanks for submitting this wonderful recipe and I will make it again!!!
I was looking for a stuffed pepper recipe to use up my green peppers from my garden when someone suggested this one. It was perfect because it did not have rice in it (DH doesn't care for rice) I stuffed the peppers with the mixture and then flash froze them, then place in a labeled ziploc bag. One morning I threw the peppers in the crockpot (still frozen, covered them with sauce and cooked them all day. I came home to a delicious supper and gained a new recipe for my OAMC collection, thanks!
These were pretty good but the peppers got very soft (almost to falling apart!) but tasty -- next time maybe cook for a shorter time. Thanks for sharing!