Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Very good recipe. You may use ground turkey in place of beef.
- 8 large bell peppers
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs turkey, lightly browned
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup rice, cooked
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all ingredients except peppers.
- Gently pack mixture into peppers which have been capped and seeded.
- Place in greased slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on Low 9-11 hours, or High 5-6 hours.
I was pleasantly surprised by this recipe. I thought that with the simple ingredient list, they might turn out bland but that wasn't the case. I double the amount of cooked rice and added additional hot pepper sauce, about 5 shakes worth. They cooked beautifully in the slow cooker. The green pepper was nice and tender. They even got a little crusty on the top, which I liked.