Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
For a remembrance of summer, enjoy this strawberry treat. Very simple and yummy. I got the recipe from Razzle Dazzle Recipes. I thought it was delicious, hot, right out of the crock pot. But my neighbor, with whom I shared, ate hers cold, right out of the refrigerator. She thought that was delicious, too!
- 1 (21 ounce) can strawberry pie filling
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package strawberry cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter (1 stick) or 1⁄2 cup margarine (1 stick)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black walnut (I used more)
- Cool Whip
- Place pie filling in crock pot.
- Combine dry cake mix and butter thoroughly, using fingers if necessary. The mixture will be crumbly. Sprinkle over the filling.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over the top.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours. (Mine took the full 3 hours.).
- Serve in bowls topped with a dollop of Cool Whip.
I made this wonderfully easy cake and changed a few things to what I had in the cabinet. I used fresh strawberries and a white cake mix and used pecans instead of walnuts. and put it in the crockpot and let it cook. Wonderful and wonderfully easy
I followed some of the reviews and made it with a white cake mix and put pecans on it and I took it to work for someones birthday and they all loved it. Couldn't believe I made it in a crock pot and thought I should have doubled it so it would have made more. I was glad that is was gone cause I needed my crockpot the next morning.
This is a REALLY rich dessert. While we liked it, next time I think we might try it with white cake mix.