A tasty Greek stew, made easy with a crock pot.
Make and share this Crock Pot Stifado recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef-- in batches if necessary, adding more oil if needed.
- Transfer beef to crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- Reduce heat to medium and add onions to skillet, cooking until soft; add garlic, cinnamon and allspice and cook for 1 minute.
- Add vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and bay leaf and stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture over meat.
- Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, until beef is tender.
- Add feta cheese, cover again, and cook on High for 10 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf and serve over hot buttered pasta or mashed potatoes.