1/6 Photos of Crock Pot Stifado
10 hrs 20 mins
A tasty Greek stew, made easy with a crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and brown beef-- in batches if necessary, adding more oil if needed.
- 2Transfer beef to crock pot with a slotted spoon.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and add onions to skillet, cooking until soft; add garlic, cinnamon and allspice and cook for 1 minute.
- 4Add vinegar, tomato sauce, sugar and bay leaf and stir well to combine.
- 5Pour mixture over meat.
- 6Cover and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours or on High for 4 to 5 hours, until beef is tender.
- 7Add feta cheese, cover again, and cook on High for 10 minutes.
- 8Discard bay leaf and serve over hot buttered pasta or mashed potatoes.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crock Pot Stifado
Serving Size: 1 (244 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.3
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 119.0 mg
- Sodium 725.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 38.2 g