Recipe by coxva
This chicken turns a beautiful gorgeous brown color and is so moist and delicious.
Top Review by maverickguy
I usually hate when someone posts when they didn't make the recipe BUT: This is just a note to the other reviewers: I always use chicken thighs instead of white meat chicken when using a crockpot. The dark meat will not dry out like the breast meat will. Your dish will come out succulent and juicy. Just a word of advice.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons finely minced gingerroot
- 4 lbs whole roasting chickens
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 whole orange, sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken thoroughly and drain well. Pat the chicken with paper towels to dry well. Stuff garlic and orange slices inside chicken.
- Spray a 4-6 quart crock pot with nonstick cooking spray and place chicken inside. Combine honey, soy sauce and gingerroot in small bowl and pour over chicken. Cover crock pot. Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. The chicken should be fork tender and thoroughly cooked; 170 degrees into the leg or thigh on an instant read thermometer.
- Remove chicken from crock pot and cover with foil to keep warm. Mix cornstarch and orange juice in small saucepan and add the juices left in the crock pot. Mix well, transfer to a saucepan, and cook over medium high heat until the sauce boils and thickens, stirring frequently. Serve chicken with sauce.