Recipe by Shiraz
This is such a comfort food to me in the Fall and Winter. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Top Review by Merlot
Not only is this a great tasting dish, it filled the house with a wonderful aroma. (We couldn't wait for it to finish cooking). Great tasting and so easy to prepare. I served this with left over ham. Yum!!!! Thank you so much, SF Girl.
- 3 lbs tart apples, sliced cored, and peeled (I actually prefer to leave the peels on, but that's up to you)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, sliced into a few thin pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Put first 5 ingredients in your crock pot.
- Stir well to coat the apples with all the spices.
- Dot with butter.
- Cook on low about 4 hours.
- Stir once during cooking.
- Since crock pot temperatures vary, you should check to make sure that apples are soft but not mushy like apple sauce.
- It should have the consistency of apple pie filling.
- This is DELICIOUS warm with vanilla ice cream!
- It's good plain too.