Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is such a comfort food to me in the Fall and Winter. I hope you like it as much as I do!
Make and share this Crock Pot Stewed Apples recipe from Food.com.
- Put first 5 ingredients in your crock pot.
- Stir well to coat the apples with all the spices.
- Dot with butter.
- Cook on low about 4 hours.
- Stir once during cooking.
- Since crock pot temperatures vary, you should check to make sure that apples are soft but not mushy like apple sauce.
- It should have the consistency of apple pie filling.
- This is DELICIOUS warm with vanilla ice cream!
- It's good plain too.
Not only is this a great tasting dish, it filled the house with a wonderful aroma. (We couldn't wait for it to finish cooking). Great tasting and so easy to prepare. I served this with left over ham. Yum!!!! Thank you so much, SF Girl.
What a tasty side dish on a cool day. Very adaptable--easy to halve or double. The best part? This is SO easy. Thanks, Shiraz.
Served this today to my book club - they LOVED it! I used unpeeled Golden Delicious apples, only 1 Tblsp. butter, and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Also added pure (not imitation) vanilla - really made it "fabulous"! Everyone wanted the recipe!