Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 hrs
Easy and good. Have been making this for years. Delicious served over wide cooked noodles. Makes a wonderful gravy. Perfect for a one and a half quart size crock pot.
- 1 lb beef stew meat, cut in small chunk pieces (preferably chuck)
- 1 (16 ounce) packagefrozen stew vegetables
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1⁄4 cup sliced onion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- garlic powder
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- Place frozen vegetables on bottom of the crock pot.
- Put in meat, add canned soup, onion soup, peppers, onion and spices.
- Cook for about 7-8 hours.
- My small crock pot has only one setting and that is low.
Brilliant - fantastic, definitely comfort food and easy! Perfect on a cold, rainy winter's night......what more could you want in a crockpot recipe? Thanks RenMyr
This made a very tasty stew, although in future I'd skip the extra sliced onions. The onion soup mix added enough onion flavor for me. It was certainly easy to put together and we enjoyed our dinner. We did wind up with leftovers, so I'd say this is more than two servings, but I guess that depends on the appetites of the eaters!
This recipe was really tasty and very easy to put together in the morning. I did not have any green pepper but don't think the flavor was compromised. I served with garlic toast. This will be on my list for frequent use.