Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
Serve with your favorite pudding sauce. A carefree method for cooking a fruit pudding.
- 3⁄4 cup hard margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup prepared oranges or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄2 cups cut mixed mixed glace fruit
- 1 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Cream margarine and sugar together in bowl. Beat in eggs, 1 at a time. Add orange juice. Beat.
- Combine remaining 9 ingredients in separate large bowl. Stir together well.
- Pour orange juice mixture into dry ingredients. Stir until moistened.
- Turn into greased 8 cup pudding pan. Cover with greased foil, tying sides down with string. Place on wire trivet in 5 quart slow cooker.
- Pour boiling water into slow cooker to reach halfway up sides of pudding pan.
- Cover. Cook on High for 5 hours.
- Company’s Coming.