- 1 lb boneless beef round steak, cut one inch thick
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 8 ounces of fresh whole mushrooms
- 1 (12 ounce) jar beef gravy
- 1⁄4 cup dry red wine or 1⁄4 cup apple juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat.
- Cut meat into 4 serving-size pieces.
- In a 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker place onion slices.
- Arrange mushrooms over onions; add beef.
- Stir together gravy and wine or apple juice.
- Pour over beef.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 8 to 10 hours or on high heat setting for 4 to 5 hours.
- Excellent served with mashed potatoes and a salad.