Recipe by Sandy in Oklahoma
We serve this over rice with a salad on the side. Love my crockpot!!
Top Review by Audrey M
Another great crock pot recipe to put in your keep file. This was absolutely Oustanding. Easy to put together and the house smelt great. I couldn't wait until supper time. The steak was really tender and the gravy was the best part. I wanted to lick my plate. LOL I followed the directions but cooked it for 10 hours on Low. I served it over wide egg noodles. Can you hear the applause of my family? LOL!
- 2 lbs beef round steak
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of broccoli soup
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup red wine (can substitue water or broth) or 1⁄4 cup white wine (can substitue water or broth)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim fat from meat and cut into serving size pieces. Brown meat in heavy skillet using 1 tablespoon oil.
- Place sliced onions in bottom of slowcooker or crock pot. Lay browned meat on top of onions.
- In a bowl combine remaining ingredients and pour over meat.
- Cook on high for 5 hours or low for 8 hours.