Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is the ultimate comfort food! The rich, and creamy sauce is perfect over egg noodles tossed with fresh parsley! DH doesn't like mushrooms so I omit for him. I have tried this with all different types of steak and it always comes out the same every time. So I just buy whatever is cheapest at the market!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs steak, cut in 1 1/2 x 1/2 " strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in slow cooker.
- Add meat to slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Add soup, water, dry soup mix, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Stir until well blended.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Add sour cream to slow cooker 30 minutes before serving.
Awesome recipe! I only used about a pound of meat and kept everything else the same. It was great except for the amount of flour, I should have cut that in half since I cut the amount of meat in half. I will definitely make this dish again, thanks KPD!
This was pretty good and I would make it again. Very easy, tasty and good over mashed potatoes.
I think my problem with this recipe, was the onion soup mix. I know better than to use it. but had it on hand..for it's dip.. But it is a good crock pot recipe. Which I will try again, without the soup mix.Perhaps less onion, and a can of french onion soup. Thanks, KPD for a good start.