Recipe by KPD
This is the ultimate comfort food! The rich, and creamy sauce is perfect over egg noodles tossed with fresh parsley! DH doesn't like mushrooms so I omit for him. I have tried this with all different types of steak and it always comes out the same every time. So I just buy whatever is cheapest at the market!
Top Review by KLBoyle
Awesome recipe! I only used about a pound of meat and kept everything else the same. It was great except for the amount of flour, I should have cut that in half since I cut the amount of meat in half. I will definitely make this dish again, thanks KPD!
- 1 1⁄2-2 lbs steak, cut in 1 1/2 x 1/2 " strips
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine flour, garlic powder, pepper and paprika in slow cooker.
- Add meat to slow cooker and toss to coat.
- Add soup, water, dry soup mix, onions, mushrooms and garlic. Stir until well blended.
- Cook on Low for 6-8 hours.
- Add sour cream to slow cooker 30 minutes before serving.