Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 hrs
I have recently been trying to not waste food so I am using up items I find in my pantry and freezer. I used left over rib eye steaks which I had chopped into small bite size pieces and either canned or frozen vegetables. Very hearty and tasty. I served this with cornbread.
- 354.88 ml chopped left over steak
- 354.88 ml frozen mixed vegetables
- 396.89 g canwhole potatoes, chopped
- 396.89 g canlarge butter beans
- 1304.07 g beef broth
- 396.89 g can chopped tomatoes
- 59.14 ml minced onion
- Dump all ingredients into crock pot. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
This soup worked out great for me. I did not have the can of potatoes, but I did have 1 1/2 cups of cooked pasta which I added later in the cooking and it worked out great. I did add some extra seasoning of our choice because we like our soup with a little kick, but that is the great thing about this recipe....it can work for everyone!
A very nice idea for a recipe. Took the adice and made some cornbread to go along with this. A nice soothing lunch for us. The beef broth also gave it excellent flavor. Mine was done in 6 1/2 hours. Made for PAC.