Recipe by carolinerenee
I make these for my husband to take to work for him and his crew. They love 'em!
Top Review by bullwinkle
I fixed this dish for a breakfast before leaving on a fishing trip. It was very flavorful and the meat was so tender. The only problem I had was that the gravy didn't thicken up and I had to thicken it in another pan. It was a hit with my son and his fishing buddies.
- 2 lbs round steaks or 2 lbs cube steaks
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- salt and pepper
- olive oil (for frying)
- 2 cups beef stock (can also use beef gravy)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into smaller portions (to fit size of biscuits).
- Salt and Pepper each side Dredge in flour Put enough oil in fry pan to come up to about 1/4 inch Fry steaks on med hi heat until browned on both sides.
- Put browned steaks in crock pot, add beef stock (may need to add a little more water to cover completely).
- Cook on low heat for 12 to 18 hours.
- If you use beef stock or water instead of gravy, the liquid after some hours of cooking may need to be poured into a sauce pan and thickened with about 2 tablespoons of flour if you want gravy, then you can add it all back to the pot to cook for the rest of the duration.
- Serve in your favorite biscuits or over rice or mashed potatoes if you want to make them for a supper meal.