Top Review by Adria82
This tasted and smelled terrific! I did put 1/4 cup of DH Mexican beer in and used lime juice instead of lemon. I never thought to make fajita meat in the crockpot, but certainly will do it again!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 6 -8 flour tortillas
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- salsa (optional)
- guacamole (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- chopped tomato (optional)
- chopped onion (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the steak in oil.
- Place the steak and drippings into the crock pot.
- Add lemon juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and chili powder.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender.
- Add green pepper and onion; cover and cook for 1 hour more.
- Warm the tortillas.
- Spoon beef and veggies down the center of the tortillas.
- Top each with cheese, salsa, sour cream, lettuce, and tomatoes if desired.
- Fold in the sides of the tortillas and serve immediately.