Recipe by LizCl
An easy and delicious meal. True comfort food.
Top Review by Chief cook and bottlewasher
My husband's distinction between four stars and five is, it's good (four stars) or it's once-a-week (five stars). This was good and we enjoyed it. I had a baby that was tired so I skipped thickening the sauce. We have a quarter grass-fed beef in the freezer and it isn't as tender as the grain fed from the store but is better for you. So I think if I had time to cook this a little longer it would have been more tender. I cooked it for 4 hours on high rather than the 7 the recipe instructed. The potatoes were perfect. This is a tasty recipe. Thanks.
- 2 lbs top round steaks
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut steak into serving size pieces and place in bottom of cooker.
- In bowl, combine tomato sauce, onion soup mix. oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic powder and pepper. and pour over meat.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes and place on top of meat.
- Cook on low heat for 7-7 1/2 hours or until meat and potatoes are tender.
- Combine water and cornstarch until smooth (boil in a saucepan 2 minutes or until thickened) and add to drippings.